- OE notified of mating geometry change six months prior to SOP. Existing part could not be communized
- Provided design lead to Core Engineering in Germany; CAD in India; Project Management in Michigan; Manufacturing Plant in MX
- Existing BIW, restrictions to environmental modifications.
- Created functional design in two weeks
- Prototyped Aluminum tooling started with Part design concept; parts in less than four weeks.
- Initiated multicavity production tooling two weeks after prototype start
- Redesigned/retooled mould and automation to PPAP in 16 weeks.
- Averted interruption to Ford Explorer relaunch
- Re-qualified base material of molded part due to supply shortages
- Cost competitive solution
- Ongoing VA/VE projects