Process TechnicianApply for This Position
Location: National Molding Miami
Shifts: 3rd - Night,
Open Date: 02/15/2022
Reports to: Production Manager
The Process Technician’s main purpose is to ensure the molding machine and auxiliary equipment is running to optimal standards. The Process Technician reports directly to the Production Supervisor to ensure that the machine and material is available to complete the production order on time.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Strong mechanical aptitude and mechanical skills including troubleshooting.
- Scientific Molding (know where it can and can’t be applied)
- Problem Solving
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Decision making and Good Judgement
- 3-5 years of experience working with injection molding equipment including machine adjustment, troubleshooting and mold installation and removal
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. with no assistance
- Troubleshoot Injection Molding machines, follow the process to resolve failures, other problems
- Assist in preventative maintenance and repair of molding machines, molds and robots.
- Comprehensive understanding of engineered resins as it pertains to setting process parameters
- Ability to backfill the production supervisor when absent
- Coordinates and sets up machines, robots and other equipment performing necessary tests to ensure company compliance. Trains employees in the correct procedures for operation as needed
- Perform cleaning and general maintenance tasks
- Maintain a safe work environment following the company’s safety, ISO standards
- Achieve adequate production levels while maintaining the expected product quality
- Ensure molded components meet all product quality criteria including dimensional criteria
- Communicate to supervisor and other technicians and document all technical information and issues
- Maintains records, files, and other documentation pertinent to assignments
- Follows all policies and procedures of the Occupational Safety and Health, Human Resources, and Quality Department. Reports any safety deficiency to immediate supervisor.