Maintenance MechanicApply for This Position
Location: National Molding Miami
Shifts: 1st - Day,
Open Date: 03/11/2022
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery, consisting of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment.
Responsible for industrial machinery upkeep, working alone or with a crew. They must be well rounded individuals who can perform efficient work on a variety of equipment, executing mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical maintenance.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Must have 5+ years working in plastics injection molding manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma / GED Equivalent
- Hydraulic & electrical trade school preferred
- Experience using electric & hydraulic schematics, with proven troubleshooting abilities
- Must be proficient reading and Interpreting Blueprints, Mechanical and Electrical Prints
- Must be able to work flexible hours, work overtime as needed
- Understanding of English language (able to communicate). Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure, demonstrate safe work habits, multitask, have good communication skills and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Own basic standard and metric tools / toolbox
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive and corrective maintenance requirements. Equipment and tools include motors, gearboxes, pneumatic systems, coupling and motor alignment, roller chain/sprockets alignment, conveyor systems, and production machines. Capable of following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; and using precision measuring tools.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools. Strong welding skills are required.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, and alignment equipment.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Optimizes maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting actions, communicating irregularities, and scheduling correction of abnormalities.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.