Completes shipping instructions, next day deliveries, and handles same day delivery requests from the sales department.
Minimum Job Requirements
|· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a warehouse environment. UPS/FedEx processing experience a plus.
· Good communication skills and work as a team
· Able to use office equipment, PC terminal, shipping equipment, weight scale
· Job takes place in a warehouse environment. Some tasks will involve lifting boxes up to 20 Lbs.
|· Process all expedites sent by sales & customer service
· Process all parcel requirements where shipment is not enough for a FTL
· Interacts with freight or airline companies if an issue arises regarding freight and flight information
· Completes and shares copies of BOL’s
· Informs Shipping Supervisor of rate changes and its instructed of payment methods
· Runs and process expedites in ERP
· Oversees the expedite process and makes sure all boxes go out as requested, pick slip, (pull expedite boxes when needed) shipping instruction, order confirmation, and carrier pick up
· Uses external provider terminal computer to calculate freight, to print out tracking labels, and receipts.
· Place label in boxes and prepare pallets for pick up time
· Confirms Tracking numbers in JD Edwards
· Support shipping department on yearly and semesterly physical counts
· Follows all policies and procedures of Occupational Safety and Health, Human Resources and Quality Department. Reports any safety deficiency to immediate supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned