– Packagers are responsible for loading parts into boxes, weighing and labeling the parts appropriately. They also perform final checks for defective parts.
Minimum Job Requirements
– Preferred High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
– Ability to use a computer, with appropriate software, to label and weigh parts and finished boxes.
– Bi-lingual: English-Spanish preferred.
– Manage to the packaging of material as it is being produced and to ensure that labeling is correct.
– Take boxes to the Pack/Inspect station and inspect parts by box for gross visual defects.
– Verify box quantities at the Pact/Inspect station, print and place the box label, close and tape the box.
– Take the finished box to the designated weight station for delivery by the material handler to the In-bound materials area in the warehouse.
– Maintain communication regarding quality issues to next shift.
– Maintain a neat, clean and organized work area.
– Support Quality on the floor as backups for IPQ Inspectors (In-Process-Quality)
– Notify supervisor immediately when encountering any issues.
– Support Quality on the floor as back-ups for Dedicated Inspector/Packers.
– Follows all policies and procedures of Occupational Safety and Health, Human Resources and Quality Department. Reports any safety deficiency to immediate supervisor.
– Other duties as assigned.