Ensures tooling projects are well organized and properly documented. Completion of tooling projects on time and adhere to budget. Machining tasks are completed in a timely manner and error free
Minimum Job Requirements
|· 10+ years’ mold making, CNC Programming, Gibbs Cam, etc.|
|· High School diploma OR Trade School Certification|
|· Strong mechanical and moldmaking skills and have own working tools of the trade|
|· Knowledge of mold shop equipment (mills, lathes, grinders, edm’s, cad, etc.)|
|· Provide tool quotations, when requested by Tool Room Manager.
· Monitor the Tool Construction Progress and update the progress reports for Tool Room Manager.
· Notify the Management when a new tool is ready to sample.
· Provide tool maintenance services to production manufacturing.
· Inspect, clean, and maintain all molds to ensure optimal performance
· Responsible for profit in the mold shop.
· Reads and interprets blueprints or works from verbal or written instructions or from the part to be copied or fitted.
· Plans the setup and operation of all types of machine shop tools, considering types of material, tolerances, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
· Heat-treats material as required.
· Determines specifications for inspection of work, using precision measuring and gauging tools, performing required inspection before, during and after machining.
· Performs hand operations involved in producing jigs, fixtures, tools and molds. Uses hand tools of the trade.
· Fits and assembles jigs, fixtures, tools and molds.
|· Follows all policies and procedures of Occupational Safety and Health, Human Resources and Quality Department. Reports any safety deficiency to immediate supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned