|Reports To||Production Manager|
– Material Handlers are responsible for the proper movement of material throughout the facility both physically and within our ERP system. Material Handlers focus on the accuracy of material mixes and ensuring we are running effectively against the Work Order.
Minimum Job Requirements
– Preferred High School Diploma or equivalent.
– Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance and will stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
– Ability to read and interpret material list. Identify problems with materials.
– Mechanical aptitude an asset
– Verifies scheduled materials needed to produce plastic parts which include verification of lot number and ensures that machines,dryers, grinders and material drums are correctly labeled.
– Proper movement and control of finished good product, emphasizing on organization and cleanliness of day to day duties.
– Per instructions separates or mixes material and visually inspects that material is not mixed or contaminated and monitors various machines for material level / refills machine as needed.
– Recycle boxes not suitable for production.
– Notifies maintenance if there are issues with the operation of the grinders.
– Communicates with previous shift material handler regarding status of machines in/out
– Responsible of transporting boxes/finish goods from production staging area to warehouse designated location.
– Follows all policies and procedures of Occupational Safety and Health, Human Resources and Quality Department. Reports any safety deficiency to immediate supervisor.
– Other duties as assigned