Much Ado About Belt Buckles
There are many ways to showcase your personality and fashion is one of them. You can spend on clothes or cosmetics but you can also invest on timeless pieces of accessories that suit you well.
Surely, there are a lot of options for accessories. You might be wondering if you should go for earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings. Yes, we think you should go for it but we also have a suggestion; why not invest in custom belt buckles?
To give you an idea, here are just some of the belt buckles you will come across when shopping in a boutique or concept buckle Miami store in a mall.
The Three Types of Belt Buckles
- Tang Buckles. They are named after their hinged flaps, called tangs. Leather belts are usually made with tang buckles. Once you put on the belt on your waist, you fit it through the metal ring and secure it by pushing the tang through the buckle hole in the leather belt. Of all the types of belt buckles, the hinged flap buckles offer its user a very secure fit.
- Snap Buckles. There are two components to this type of buckles. First are the side clasps that are driven by spring. Second are the hollow clasps which perfectly fits the side clasps inside them. The hollow clasps are usually secured at the end of the belt opposite to where the side clasps are. To fasten the belt, you just have to squeeze the side clasps a little bit and let it snap into place on the hollow clasps. These buckles are usually made of durable plastic and found on woven types of belts.
- Clip Buckles. If you have seen a cowboy, you probably have seen these buckles already. Clip buckles composed of thin metal plates equipped at the end of a belt, with magnetic or spring clips attached to it. To secure the belt, it has to be introduced through the back rail. This is the type that is frequently used in Western-style belts.
The first two types are made using the manufacturing process called plastic injection molding. If you want to know more about it, feel free to browse previous articles on our website today.
How To Find The Perfect Belt Buckle
- Measure your waist.
- Ask for assistance from a store personnel. Look for a belt with a length that is proportional to your waist size.
- If possible, look for belts that have classic colors and those that can be adjusted to your fit. If you prefer tang buckles, you can ask for buckle holes to be added unto the belt. Clip buckles are also great because you can clip them anywhere along the belt. Most snap buckles cannot be altered so it is better to stick to the other two types instead.
Are you supplying buckles for belts suppliers or just looking at something that you can use yourself? Why don’t you give us a call? We would love to help you in any way we can!