A Reliable Guide to Choosing The Right Dog Collar
Are you a dog lover or owner? Then you probably are aware of the fact that dog collars are one of the important things you need to invest in your dog. The issue of choosing the right collar determines how responsible you are as a pet owner.
Dog collars are very important when walking your dog. They are also utilized when re-claiming or returning lost pets. The durable ones are mostly manufactured by the plastic injection molding industry.
Things To Consider
Dogs come in various breeds and sizes but dog collars don’t come in one size fits all. Picking the right kind for your furry friend means checking the following:
- Is it comfortable for your pet?
- Is it adjustable?
- Does the fit fall between the smallest and biggest possible size?
If the answer to all of these questions is a yes, then you may consider the dog collar at hand.
How to Get the Right Measurement for a Dog Collar
- Get a string.
- Use the string to measure the circumference of your dog’s neck.
- Put the string against the ruler to determine its length.
- Use the measurement when purchasing a dog collar. The collar must ride at the center of your dog’s neck. Make sure that you can fit two fingers under it and make sure that it is not too loose enough to slip over your dog’s ears.
Dog Collar Types
There are several types of collars available. The most commonly used are leather, woven fabric, nylon and other types of plastic. Each material comes with its own set of pros and cons, so make sure that the belt buckle manufacturing company is capable of producing these:
Leather Dog Collars
- Pros: It is strong, versatile and elegant.
- Cons: In the long run, they tend to accumulate odor because oils from the dog’s skin stick to it.
Nylon (or another type of plastic) Dog Collars
- Pros: They are lightweight and great for small dog breeds.
- Cons: They low-quality ones tend to break easily.
Woven Fabric or Canvas Dog Collars
- Pros: They are durable and fast drying. They are great for dogs who love to play or swim in the water.
- Cons: Like the leather type, they can accumulate odor in the long run too.
Now that you are aware of the material options available, just choose the kind with the perfect mold cavity and the one that suits your dog’s lifestyle.
Don’t Forget The Dog Tag
This is a very important feature, especially when your dog gets lost. Your dog tag must show the following:
- Pet’s Name
- Pet Owner’s Name
- Complete Address
- Contact Number
- Veterinarian’s Contact Number
- Current Vaccinations
Utility or Fashion?
You have the option to use the dog collars to show off your dog through fashion or dog training. When it comes to fashions, various collars are available in different colors and additional accessories. It can even become an extension of your pet’s wonderful outfit. With the help of plastic molding, you can fill it with glamor and bling by using gold or precious stones too!
When it comes to training your dog, you need a durable collar and leash. There are many types available:
- Choke Collar – It is used when training a dog to walk on a leash. It should not be used on puppies less than one-year-old.
- Hands-Free Leash – This is a great option if you are a jogger.
- Retractable Dog Leash – It is an adjustable leash that can be attached to the dog collar. It can be drawn back by retracting it.
Choosing the right dog collar may take a little more thought than what most people might have expected. Now that you’re equipped with all the right information, go ahead and shop the best parachute buckles for dog collars today!